The Sister Cities Association of Cary is a non-profit association that, from its founding in 1988, strives to further global understanding and to encourage and assist sister city relationships between the citizens of Cary and cities throughout the world, especially Cary’s four Sister Cities. Sister Cities focuses on the following aspects in building its sister city relationships:
- Cultural Exchanges
- Economic Development
- Educational Exchanges
The Goals of the Association are to:
- Educate Cary citizens on foreign cultures
- Support the Town with protocol for international visitors
- Involve youth in our sister cities activities
- Increase participation in regional, national and international relationship building
- Bring an international component to Town of Cary programs and festivals
Additional goals of the Sister Cities Association of Cary are to:
- Exchange ideas and develop friendships with our counterparts in other cultures on a personal basis.
- Establish an identity as members of the international community involved in the process of building cultural bridges.
- Develop a way for the diverse elements of our community to come together to enjoy and profit from an energetic program.
- Better understand our own community by interpreting our way of life to other cultures.
If you have questions or want to learn more about Sister Cities of Cary, please contact us or mail us at Sister Cities Association of Cary, P.O. Box 4752, Cary, NC 27519